Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Riverfront Bike Ride




Last evening, Jeremy and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and took our bikes down to the Riverfront trail for the first time. I find it amazing that I've lived in Cincinnati all my life and am still discovering new treasures of the city. The ride was so relaxing! There weren't very many people out (possibly because the Reds and Cardinals were in town), but that made it even nicer! After crossing the Purple People Bridge, we treated ourselves to Smoothie King :-) On the way back to our starting point, we were pleasantly surprised to find a GBS group playing volleyball at Sawyer Point! Needless to say, we started to burn more calories after joining them. The whole evening was a very pleasant time, one that made me feel like I was dating again!


7 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't beenthere!

Brenda said...

Riding bikes does sound fun - and I haven't had a Smoothie King forever! Enjoyed the pictures!

The Brighter Side said...

That is fabulous! I have never done that either. You two are so cute together I am glad to see you protecting your noggins!

LeahBK said...

Hi Lisa, I work with Smoothie King, and I am so glad to see you and your sweetie enjoying our smoothies! Have you ever tried a smoothie "made skinny"? It leaves out the turbinado (raw cane sugar) and reduces a 20 oz. smoothie by 99 calories and 23 carbs. Enjoy!

Kristina Clemens said...

I'm sooo jealous...I love everything about Cinci, so you'll just have to enjoy it all for me while I live in Smalltown, USA. =)

Lisa R said...

No, Leah, I've never had the "Skinny Smoothie!" We'll have to try it sometime! Thanks for the tip to cutting calories :-)

Helen said...

I don't even know what a smoothie King is........ hmmmmm, now I'm curious! The biking sounds fun. I'm sure there's plenty around Cinci, and even rural areas that we haven't explored either. Time, it's time. Time is the reason we haven't and time is the reason we should!