Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Little Bit of This and That

No pictures, again..... :-(

THIS: This week is Vacation Bible School, complete with Kool-aid mustaches, cookie-crumb faces, energetic kids, and grown-ups trying to keep up! This time around I'm part of the transportation caravan, and I'm having a rootin' tootin' time hauling kids back and forth! Tonight I had a kid come running back out of his house telling me to stop - his dad wanted to speak with me. I'll be honest - all I could think of was some big ol' hulk of a guy coming out and letting me have it for an unknown wrong. Nothing but the opposite was true. I was thanked profusely for bringing his kids home, and he even invited me to come over sometime to "get to know the family." "Whew and wow," all at the same time! How exciting to be touching someone for Jesus!

AND...

THAT: As of this past week, I've joined the ranks of those 30 and above.... sigh, sniffle.... Hasn't anyone found some loophole that gets you out of having your 30th birthday?! More sighs and sniffles....

9 comments:

Alanna said...

There is nothing quite like VBS huh? Crazy crazy fun!

P.S. Happy Birthday!

Beth said...

Lets not talk about the 30's please! ;-(

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you! You want to know what is really depressing? I was filling something out and found out that I'm just about to fall into the age group 35-45. I DON'T LIKE THOSE FORMS! There I feel better.

The Brighter Side said...

That is exciting to touch someone for Jesus! The kids are doing so good in vbs.

Happy Birthday! My brother always says "you are only as old as you feel". ?can that be true??? I joined the red hats this year too...I didn't think that 30 was that old until someone gave me a red hat shirt! Well I think you make 30 look just beautiful!!!

Jenn said...

Okay dear sister-in-law... I've left a comment =)

Queen of the Castle said...

Welcome to the 30s club, my friend...I have to admit that so far it's not been nearly as bad as I thought it would be! And hello too, by the way...I ran accross your blog when I was cruising around & wanted to say "hi"! It's been a loooong time! how's life? looks like things are well...would love to catch up with you sometime!

Nancy said...

Happy 30th to you! I'm not a good person to ask about the 30's club....I haven't had much success so far! LOL! Really I didn't mind turning 30, but I DO mind finding grey hairs like I did earlier this week! UGH! DOUBLE UGH!
Can't wait till you move to campus...it will be fun to have you closer!

Carrie said...

Um, yes, Lisa, there is a loophole--it's called dead.

30 isn't as bad as it seems. In fact, 31 isn't so bad, either. Really. I promise.

Helen said...

Hadn't visited your blog in a while, sure enjoyed it! You've got some great BD memories!