Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Days....

Pics from our 2008 family reunion:


My sister Angie, yours truly, and my cousin Lisa



What we did on the way back home :-)


My grandmother and I


Former students of mine that invited me to be a part of their Little Miami River canoe trip:


My wonderfully fun and ingenious husband!



A little more on my birthday... My beloved sister Angie decided it was time that I got up to speed technologically. So, she gave me an Ipod for my b-day!! As you can see in the picture, I couldn't quite believe that I could be loved that much. I guess she thought if I enjoyed hers as much as I do, I would enjoy one of my own even more. She even spent countless hours putting bunches of my favorite songs on it! Thanks, sis!






This next b-day gift was extra special - Years ago, my grandmother began creating star patterns out of regular gingham material, simply by putting "chicken scratch" in certain places. This is an incredible pattern! She worked on this project a lot in the car while she and Grandpa traveled (this quilt has seen many miles and many places). When all the stars were stitched, my mother put the squares together and added a prairie point edge, creating a simply lovely quilt that I will treasure for the rest of my life!

The extremely small pictures are due to having gotten them from a shared Snapfish album.... Sorry :-(




4 comments:

Alanna said...

Yay for the IPOD! :) Andrew got one as a Walk-a-thon prize and I'm thinking I want one too! :) That's really sweet what your Grandma made for you - my Grandma has done stuff like that for me too. Her specialty is crocheted (sp?) snowflake Christmas ornaments. We have tons but they're so special.

Melissa said...

Lisa, I love the quilt! I don't think I got to see it when you had it at church (not too long ago or is my mind failing me?) As for the Ipod- well, at least you know how to work it! But, if we see you in church playing with it.......!

The Brighter Side said...

I can't wait to see your post after you try to download the songs yourself. I have one but only b/c I confiscated my dear husbands. I want the mini shuffle that clips on to your clothes.
Your quilt is beautiful it is something that you will be able to treasure 4ever. What a special memory.

Angie said...

Yes, Lisa you are loved very much! :) I'm so glad you are enjoying it. You are the best sister anyone could ever have. Aren't you proud of me that I visited AND commented on your blog? :)