Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Saturday

Saturday - ahhhhhh ... my only day to sleep in now that I'm a workin' girl. Dearest Jeremy decides we need to get up and start the day at 9:30 a.m. Yeah, I know that's late for some of you. But in my opinion I had until at least 11:00 if I so desired. So, being the lovely wife that I am, I obey with a small, insignificant complaint. And we actually get something accomplished. Woohoo for me. So, now it's 3:00 p.m. J is off to work (don't feel sorry for him - he makes the most of his days off and the mornings when he doesn't have court!), and I know I should get busy. What have I been doing? Reading blogs and looking to see if anyone loves me and has commented on mine. What tells me I should get busy? 1. The fact that my husband is wearing things he only wears when he has nothing else to wear 2. I am getting to the place where I don't want to walk across my kitchen floor without socks 3. I'd be embarrassed if my mother-in-law came to visit me right now 4. My fridge needs a fill-up or we'll be eating out every night next week (and that's not exactly in the budget). Ok, think I'll get up and get something done. Ready....1, 2, 3 ... Still thinking about it.

11 comments:

Alanna said...

*Chuckle* I'm so with you! Saturdays are for relaxing - not working!!! HA! :P

The Brighter Side said...

lol! I should be getting busy too, but instead I think I will keep reading my friends blogs.

Martha C said...

Hee. Hee. Hee. I enjoyed the way you "put this." :-)

Queen of the Castle said...

haha...i know EXACTLY how you feel! i work 10 hr days mon-thur & yet my dear hubby seems to ALWAYS have a list of things that i need to get up & get started on early friday mornings! oh well, such is life...i guess i'll catch up on my sleep sometime in the future...maybe when i'm gray headed & falling asleep in my rocker...ha!

Andy said...

Hmmm. It seems that we are in the same boat. Joey broke down and did a load of laundry last night so that he could have white t-shirts and socks to wear today. We won't even talk about my kitchen floor. By the way, enjoy all the chances you have to sleep in. Once kids come it's over.

Carrie said...

Sounds familiar! You are welcome to come to my house ANY time! Just move the pile of laundry from the couch onto the loveseat!

coffeechica said...

hi! I just found your blog, fun stuff :) i hope you have a nice holiday tomorrow. see ya

Helen said...

I can't believe you'd get behind on anything, and your kitchen floor? I bet you could eat off of it! Loved catching up with your blog!

Melissa said...

Hello, it's been Saturday for about a month now. Time to wake up, honey! I know you aren't working this week, so get to it! Something new on this blog pronto.

Lanee M. said...

I'm right there with you girl! Laundry is NOT my favorite, I would rather clean 100 toilets than do laundry LOL!! And my kitchen floor, just this past week I thought to myself it would be easier to put in a NEW FLOOR, then to get it clean! Of course I have chicken poop, sheep poop, mud, and many other things carried in on the kids shoes from outside. SOO, now that you are completely grossed out I'll just say DITTO!

The Brighter Side said...

really you need to post something new!!! love you!