Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Picnic Almost Gone Bad

Once upon a time, a silly boy named Jeremy got his toy stuck up in the tree. He had thrown it over his shoulder (trying to impress his girl), and now he was very sad. (Can you find the hidden toy?)


Fortunately, Jeremy had a good friend named Steve, who decided to be a good citizen and climb the mean tree (who had captured the toy) so his friend would be happy again. Steve's girl watched anxiously as her sweetheart fetched the dangling toy.


Much to the relief of all Steve's friends, he safely made it up the tree and back down again.


Jeremy gave his good friend a high-five for his chivalrous bravery.


Jeremy was once again a happy boy, now that he had his toy back, along with the still-admiring devotion of his girl.



7 comments:

Melissa said...

That's funny! What exactly was the toy? It looked like something red, but I couldn't tell for sure! We're glad all is well- and that you FINALY posted!

Helen said...

Yeah, I want to know what the toy was too! I wonder if it was priceless or to costly just to replace. Sentimental value maybe?

Lisa R said...

My dear faithful friends, thank you for reading my blog and commenting so promptly. I was sure that I hadn't written anything for so long that people wouldn't visit for at least another month! The "toy" was a "Hillbilly Golf" ball. It was the first time we had used the set. Jeremy had just gotten it as a birthday gift and was reticent to just "give it up for lost."

Katie and the boys said...

It looks like you are enjoying your year! I am about ready to throw in the towel!!!! I have some very bad children!!!!

The Brighter Side said...

Well, thank you for already curing my curiosity by answering the toy question. I was cracking up! Why didn't Jeremy climb the tree?

Lisa R said...

Katie, I'm so sorry! I'll give you some of my awesome college students to replace your not-so-wonderful children! Heather, I'll let you ask Jeremy ;-)

Melissa said...

love the story!!
love,
abby