Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Someone Else Is 30! (and all the 30-year-olds say "Woohoo!")

My dear friend Libby finally caught up with me and turned 30 (just to make me feel better - wasn't that nice?!). We had oodles of fun at her very-spiffy party, thrown by her family at the Brugger's house. This is Libby with her sweet Aunt Jo.

Libby and her favorite Marine, Matt :-)
Kindred spirits, roasting marshmallows over an open fire.....
My gift to Libby was an old, black-n-white detective series that is our tradition to watch when I go up and visit her. I thought it was time she have a set of her very own.
OK - let me explain..... I have a thing about not liking my marshmallows burnt. I was really concentrating on getting the perfect marshmallow when the above marshmallow picture was taken. Guess what happened when I posed for that picture? You guessed it - my prized, golden marshmallows went up in flames. And I had tried so hard (sniff, sniff....). It was too funny to resist howling about! So we ended up looking like fools and laughing our heads off!
Who would have thought celebrating a 30th birthday could be so fun?

7 comments:

TeamUSA1 said...

Thank you so much for coming up for the party. It was sooo very, very good to see you! I'm enjoying the DVDs...Matt even laughed out loud at them :)
Love you!

Helen said...

I wish I could have been around to eat your burnt marshmallow... that's the only way they're good!
Glad your back!

The Brighter Side said...

Ewe! I hate burnt marshmallows too! Good thing you will get another chance this weekend at OFD's campfire. What a good friend to turn 30 just to make you feel better!

The Brighter Side said...

Ewe! I hate burnt marshmallows too! Good thing you will get another chance this weekend at OFD's campfire. What a good friend to turn 30 just to make you feel better!

The Brighter Side said...

Ok...I don't know why it posted my message twice...hummm?

Lisa R said...

Cause it was such a good one, Heather! Love ya!

sarahmfry said...

What a happy, happy picture. I'm so glad you got to be there with her.